Onto day two! The theme? Recharge. This is where we begin treating our minds and bodies to some robust nourishment.
Get out a paper and pen — it’s time to journal.
A gratitude journal is an incredibly powerful tool. It strengthens your relationship with your mind so that you can focus on personal growth, rather than negative thoughts (thanks, 2020). Over time it can lead to more confidence, better sleep and improved physical health.
There’s no one way to do it. You can jot down a quick list of what you're grateful for or go deeper and also explain why you’re grateful for those things. The key is to start ASAP and to make a habit of it.
Here are some prompts to get you started:
- How’s your life today different than it was a year ago? What positive changes are you thankful for?
- Think of something you have in your life, on a daily basis, that you have been taking for granted. Why are you grateful for it?
Lettuce wraps are on the menu! This healthy meal is simple to make, and it’s a great way to fuel up for the new year.
2 lbs chicken breast
1/2 cup coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
1 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp garlic powder or regular garlic
1 tbsp chili powder
1 bell pepper
3 cloves of garlic
Sauce of your choice
2 tbsp avocado oil
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Marinate your chicken with the coconut aminos (or soy sauce), lime, cumin, garlic powder (or regular garlic) and chili powder. Let it sit for a couple hours.
- Chop the onion, bell pepper and garlic.
- Place vegetables and marinated chicken on a baking sheet with avocado oil.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Cut chicken into strips and place in lettuce wraps along with chopped veggies.
- Top with sliced avocado and your sauce of choice. Serves two.
Tip: It’s also great in a bowl served with rice or cauliflower rice!
Nutrition: Serving Size: 1 | Calories: 194kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 7g | Saturated fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 522mg | Potassium: 561mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1745iu | Vitamin C: 72.5mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 0.7mg
Day three is up next. And you’re about to feel very calm…