The final day! This one’s about feeling revived — which is how we hope you’ll feel after this detox. Although we’re not back to “normalcy” quite yet, you deserve to feel good and live a happy, healthy life right now.
Another! Online! Workout! Rilde (@rilde13) will be teaching a HIIT class today on our Instagram (@swisseusa) at 7am PST.
Rilde was born into a Cuban family and raised in Miami, where he’s spent most of his life. His passion for fitness has always been driven by his mom, who has spent her entire career in the fitness industry. He teaches all types of workouts, stays active on a daily basis and loves what he does.
Now, what is HIIT?? HIIT stands for high-intensity interval training. It’s a series of intense exercises mixed with short recovery breaks. It gets your heart pumping and burns calories quickly.
And in case you miss it for some reason, jog around your neighborhood, do some stretching or dance in your living room. Just get moving. Today’s Recipe
Drumroll please…quinoa salad bowls!
1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill (or dry dill)
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
2 cloves garlic, minced or grated,
2 poached eggs (or cooked to your liking)
1 cups cooked quinoa
1/4 cup sun-dried tomato pesto (or whatever pesto you like)
2 cups fresh baby spinach
1 avocado, sliced
1 lemon (zest only)
4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
A handful of toasted sesame seeds
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, mix together the greek yogurt, dill, parsley, garlic and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Stir until combined. Keep in the fridge until ready to use.
- Cook the eggs.
- Divide the quinoa among bowls and add a large spoonful of your herbal yogurt.
- Swirl the pesto lightly into the yogurt.
- Add eggs to each bowl, and top with spinach and avocado.
- Optional: Drizzle a spicy sauce over the eggs.
- Garnish with fresh herbs, lemon zest, sesame seeds and crumbled goat cheese. Serves two.
Nutrition: Serving Size: 1 | Calories: 343 | Fat: 16.4g | Saturated Fat: 3.1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.1g | Protein: 15g | Carbohydrates: 35g | Fiber: 9g | Cholesterol: 186mg | Iron: 4mg | Sodium: 332mg | Calcium: 86mg | Sugar: 3g
And that’s it for the first-ever Swisse 5-Day Detox! Thanks for joining! Feel free to come back to this detox anytime you need a mind-body reboot.